Calgary Mental Health Clinic
1. General health care for low-income adults and children living in Calgary
2. Blood tests, immunizations and EKGs
3. Pre-natal and post-natal care
4. Pediatric care
5. Mental health care See Details
6. Visiting medical specialists in Psychiatry, Neurology, Chronic Pain, Rheumatology, Cardiology, Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Gynecology, Internal Medicine, Optometry and Infectious Disease.
7. Hepatitis C testing, treatment and support.
8. Diabetes Group Education Program
9. Outreach medical care provided at: Calgary Alpha House, Calgary Drop In Centre, The Mustard Seed, Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter, Brenda’s House and Awo Taan Healing Lodge.
10. Addictions specialist from Alberta Health Services Addictions Services (formerly AADAC) at the Women’s Health Clinic Pre-Natal Program one afternoon each week.
Due to funding constraints CUPS will be suspending the Dental Clinic and all of its programs effective this month of April. The team at CUPS plan to take this upcoming fiscal year to explore other funding models and strategies to re-open a more sustainable Dental Clinic in the future. For more information please click here.
The last dates for the CUPS Dental Clinic are as follows:
April 9 – Saturday extraction clinic
April 23 – Saturday extraction clinic
Mental Health Care
CUPS Shared Care Mental Program is offered to adults receiving health care at CUPS or low income adults (must be referred by a CUPS’ doctor) while on the waitlist for Access Mental Health services.
The program offers: emotionally supportive counselling; psychiatric assessment and follow-up; medication support and prescriptions; referrals for addictions counselling, supported mental health housing, OT assessments, financial support, and to other mental health support agencies and programs; and consultations with and referrals to other agencies, hospitals and hospital programs (includes treatment programs and hospital discharge planning).
How To Use Our Services
1. You must be a low income earner.
2. You should not have a regular family doctor.
3. Walk-in times are first come, first served. Walk-in times with doctors and nurse practitioners usually fill up within 2 hours of clinic opening. Registered Nurses are also available to see walk-ins. Please note, the Women’s Health Clinic does not see walk-in patients on Wednesdays.
What you need to bring with you
1. Please bring your Alberta Health Card if you have one. You may also be requested to provide the following documents if you do not currently have an Alberta Health Care Card: proof of low income, immigration documentation, and or letters from shelters indicating income status.
2. Dental care is for Calgary residents only and requires proof of income (for example Notice Of Assessment or Pay Stubs). Some services require insurance such as, AISH, NHIB, Alberta Works, Child Health Benefits and private insurance. Please see below and/or call 403.221.8797 for more information.
*How do I get a walk–in appointment?
Walk-in times are first come, first served. Walk-in times with Doctors and Nurse Practitioners usually fill up within 2 hours of clinic opening. Registered Nurses are also available to see walk-ins throughout the day. Please note, the Women’s Health Clinic does not see walk-in patients on Wednesdays.
Can I come to your clinic if I don’t have Alberta Health Care?
Yes. If you don’t have an Alberta Health Care, we can provide medical care and help you get Alberta Health Care if you qualify. You may also be requested to provide the following documents if you do not currently have an Alberta Health Care Card: proof of low income, immigration documentation, and or letters from shelters indicating income status.
How do I get a prescription?
Either come as a walk-in during walk-in times or make an appointment with your CUPS doctor or nurse practitioner.
What if I cannot pay for my prescription?
We can refer you to an emergency prescription coverage program providing you meet their program requirements.
Share this Post
Mental Health Clinician Salary
Average Mental Health Clinician Salary More Than $200K The average salary for psychiatrists and other mental health professionals…Read More
VA Mental Health Clinics
VA provides specialty inpatient and outpatient mental health services at its medical centers and community-based outpatient…Read More