Middletown Mental Health Clinic
The Middlesex Hospital Behavioral Health Department has participated in 30 clinical trials with 10 different sponsors and universities since 1999. With four investigators, a full-time certified clinical research coordinator, and a psychologist, we are interested and able to conduct research in all areas of CNS.
Our investigators are certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, with additional certifications in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry, and Geriatric Psychiatry. We have experience working with inpatient and outpatient clinical trials ranging from Phase II to IV. We also have experience working with older adults, and child/adolescent clinical trials.
A clinical trial (also known as clinical research) is a research study in human volunteers to answer specific health questions. Carefully conducted clinical trials are the fastest and safest way to find treatments that work in people and ways to improve health. Interventional trials determine whether experimental treatments or new ways of using known therapies are safe and effective under controlled environments. Observational trials address health issues in large groups of people or populations in natural settings.
- Treatment trials: test experimental treatments, new combinations of drugs, or new approaches to surgery or radiation therapy.
- Prevention trials: look for better ways to prevent disease in people who have never had the disease or to prevent a disease from returning. These approaches may include medicines, vitamins, vaccines, minerals, or lifestyle changes.
- Diagnostic trials: are conducted to find better tests or procedures for diagnosing a particular disease or condition.
- Screening trials: test the best way to detect certain diseases or health conditions.
- Quality of Life trials: explore ways to improve comfort and the quality of life for individuals with a chronic illness.
Share this Post
Mental Health Clinician Salary
Average Mental Health Clinician Salary More Than $200K The average salary for psychiatrists and other mental health professionals…Read More
VA Mental Health Clinics
VA provides specialty inpatient and outpatient mental health services at its medical centers and community-based outpatient…Read More