Mental Health Clinic Las Vegas
General Information Description of Service Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health (SNAMHS) outpatient clinics provide a continuum of outpatient treatment, including diagnostic and psychological rehabilitation services, to adults with mental illness. Outpatient services include assessment, medication clinics, counseling and case management. SNAMHS is a comprehensive, community-based mental health system supported by an acute care psychiatric inpatient hospital.
- Psychiatric Assessment Service (PAS): Offers weekday walk-in mental health evaluations. If the assessed individual is acutely ill, they may be referred to the Psychiatric Observation Unit (POU) located at Rawson-Neal Hospital, which offers rapid screening and stabilization for acute psychiatric crisis. The stay is generally limited to 72 hours or less. Sixty-five percent of those who reach the POU are released back to the community, with referrals, without need of hospitalization.
- Outpatient Psychiatric Services: Provides ongoing psychiatric care, including medication, monitoring and pharmacy services, to individuals with mental illness, such as depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety, schizophrenia, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Outpatient Counseling: Group and individual therapy sessions, depending on the needs of the client, teach individuals how to manage their impulses and emotions.
- Service Coordination: Offers assistance in obtaining benefits and coordinating available services throughout the community. Coaching and various supports keep individuals engaged in treatment and recovery.
- Intensive Service Coordination: An increased level of service coordination for individuals diagnosed with a mental illness and who have felony legal involvement. Individuals are referred by the judicial system or agency programs. Intensive service coordination assists high-need individuals in getting services necessary to live in the community as well as understanding and complying with orders of court.
- Mental Health Court: Provides the opportunity for people with misdemeanor and minor felony criminal charges who would benefit from psychiatric treatment to be diverted from the standard criminal justice system if they participate in treatment.
- Mobile Crisis Team (MCT): Licensed Clinical Social Workers travel to Las Vegas area hospital emergency departments (ERs) to evaluate patients on involuntary holds, averting unnecessary psychiatric hospitalizations. MCT is available 7 days a week, 7am to 10:30pm.
- Residential Support: Provides a range of community housing and assisted living options for individuals with serious mental disorders. Various levels of residential support and direct care are based on individual capacity for independent living. Alternative living arrangements include family group homes, supported living apartments, substance abuse treatment facilities, Housing & Urban Development (HUD) programs, and specialized rehabilitation homes.
- Program For Assertive Community Treatment (PACT): Provides a specialized, multidisciplinary team approach to service coordination and mental health treatment. PACT focuses include elevating individual levels of functioning and improving quality of life for individuals with a serious mental illness. PACT is a mobile unit and services are provided wherever necessary in the community.
Specific Hours: Walk-ins are accepted Monday-Friday 8am-3pm.Contact Information
Contact's Phone 702-486-6400
Physical Site Address 1 1785 E. Sahara Ave., Suite 145
Physical Site City, State, Zip Las Vegas, NV 89104
Main Phone 702-486-6400
Emergency/After Hours Phone 911 or National 24/7 Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Web AddressAffiliated Agency, Programs, and Services
Las Vegas Cleveland Clinic Center for Brain Health Lou ...
Mental health court debuts in Las Vegas
The Cleveland Clinic Ruvo Center for Brain Health in Las Vegas
Share this Post
Mental Health Clinician Salary
MARCH 31, 2023
Average Mental Health Clinician Salary More Than $200K The average salary for psychiatrists and other mental health professionals…Read More
VA Mental Health Clinics
MARCH 31, 2023
VA provides specialty inpatient and outpatient mental health services at its medical centers and community-based outpatient…Read More